Sunday, August 18, 2013

H By Felici - Burnside Village

Atmosphere: ****/5
Food: ***/5
Drink: ***/5
Service: */5

Overlooking a car park you would not think that H by Felici could create the atmosphere it offers.

Located at the plush Burnside Village Shopping centre H provides customers a comfortable place to enjoy lunch or coffee to break up a hard day of shopping.

With a wall of glass facing north, the sunshine streams onto the customers and thoughout the restaurant creating a warm relaxed feeling, the chairs are soft and comfortable to sit in and I have found myself feeling quite sleepy after a lunchtime glass of the Adelaide Hills champagne.  On the warmer days it is hard to get a table outside or on the couches.  The atmosphere that is created by cafe you will soon forget that you are sitting next to a car park.


The service here is unimpressive, the waiters and waitresses are very inattentive. The last time I was here nobody came to our table at all.  It is so disappointing as the menu is quite pricey and everything else here is well done for a 'mall cafe' and the menu has been written well, although, a couple of times I have been here the kitchen have run out of the meals.  I do find myself however, coming back as it is conveniently positioned and the kitchens efforts with the menu.



I frequent this place with my mum (with a relaxed and light atmosphere H is a good place for mother daughter catch ups) and Zara is located next door!




The menu is perfect for a girls luncheon as the kitchen does some wonderful filling and flavoursome soups and salads (soups are often sold out by the end of the lunchtime rush).  I stay away from the heavier meals here as they are quite expensive and together with the service I am quietly reminded that the cafe is in a shopping centre and not a restaurant in its own right... yet. The frittata of the day is always a favourite of my mum and the last spicy chicken soup I had here was so heart warming.  The hamburger here, is very pricey, but if you have the money it is quite light which is nice as a special treat to get you going for a big shop, however, watch the bloating waistline for clothes shopping, I learnt the hard way!


H By Felici on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment