Wednesday, September 11, 2013

Hey Jupiter - Adelaide

Atmosphere: ***/5
Food: **.5/5
Drinks: ****/5
Service: */5


Ebenezer Place bringing a little bit of Melbourne into the Adelaide space! With the spring sunshine hitting the outside tables with warmth we threw our other lunch plans in the bin and decided to enjoy the lunch hour in the sun at Hey Jupiter.



This lane-way is the centre of the new breed of Adelaide hipster, with alternative clothing stores, bike shop, hairdressers and new concept café's such as this one this little street is attracting quite a crowd.

The menu at Jupiter's is HUGE which made me quite exited for all the food choices but on closer inspection on the food front it was quite hollow.  There are an abundance of drinks listed on the menu, when my lunch partner asked what the interesting named hot chocolate was the waiter brushed her off for not knowing what it was (it was listed as the brand name).   For lunchtime I could only see sandwiches on the menu, I noticed that two girls had soup at their table but I could not find it on the menu or on the specials on the wall, so if not intimidated by the wait staff I would suggest asking for specials!




If you come here for lunch I would suggest unless you are after a sandwich this cafe is not for you.   The flavours are amazing and so delicate, however, they are quite small and there is not options to order any sides.  I can imagine if I had taken some of my male friends to Jupiter's they would not have been happy to pay $12/$13 dollars for a small sandwich.


    

My lunch partner and I ordered two vegetarian sandwiches to share, one beetroot and one enchilada.  The ingredients were so well flavoured and fresh.    We couldn't decide which one is better.  I understand that my review thus far may seem partially negative.  For some reason (could you say 'hipster') café's never produce the staff with the kindest or warmest of service, and the food options were slim and the drinks options were extensive, I noticed that they had one of the largest selection of Vermouth I have seen for a cafe that focuses on breakfast/lunchtime.  However, for what Hey Jupiter does, it does it well.  The food was small, but wonderful and the iced tea we had (minus the ice-cream offered) was strong, which I think is good because it defines itself from the pre-packaged milks you can get at your local service station.



There seemed to be a lot of regulars at Jupiter's, particularly from the Royal Adelaide Hospital with the waiter/proprietor being on first name basis with quite a few of the customers, although I don't think that I will get to that point with this place,  I will not be opposed to coming back here for the wonderful sunshine and another flavoursome sandwich.

Hey Jupiter on Urbanspoon

No comments:

Post a Comment