Monday, June 24, 2013

Tasca Viva Restaurant Tapas Bar - Glenelg

Tasca Viva Restaurant Tapas Bar on Urbanspoon

Atmosphere: ****/5
Food: **/5
Drinks: ****/5
Service: */5


Tasca Viva Restaurant is a Spanish, Tapas based restaurant.   Tapas are so hard to get right.  Quite a few of my friends call them small overpriced meals, awkward to share when eating and awkward sharing when the bill comes out.  The things I do love about sharing food however, is that it stimulates table conversation even if it is just about the meal, and for the food jealousy diner it eradicates the problem!


(Sourced: dimmi.com.au, 2013)

So in order to have a good tapas meal I find that I like to have abundantly flavored food and options to taste and feel full without breaking the budget, unfortunately at Tasca Viva Restaurant I have always spent more money than I wanted to and left feeling strangely not quite satisfied (Copenhagen Ice-Creamery is normally a stopover).

I really want to like this place purely for the location and I have found myself here more than I have wanted too just because its located on the end of Jetty Road, Glenelg.


(Sourced: Foodieling, 2013)

The service has been unfortunately terrible at times, I am assuming the manager or owner has decided to hire the cheaper hospitality worker, in the form of young female backpackers, which I have done in the past when working in hospitality but it doesn't work.  However, I have been here with men (such as my brother and boyfriend) I have found the service has changed dramatically!

If you are going to dine at Tasca Viva, to make the night as enjoyable as possible the things I suggest are; tell the wait staff when and what you want to come out at the same time as I have found even though the meals are really tasty they are not matched correctly here.  Make sure you order drinks as soon as you can so the wait staff come back to the table.

The alcohol options are quite good, the mojito I had was lovely, the Moritz Spanish beer is perfect to match with the tapas and is always a favorite for the beer lovers of my friends.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks, Mindi! I just approved your blog claim. Now your Urbanspoon profile picture is displayed on your blog page. You can upload a blog-specific photo if you prefer, and can change a few other blog settings there. Also, if you vote for a restaurant that you've reviewed on your blog, we now show your vote next to your post everywhere on our site.

    http://www.urbanspoon.com/br/336/11237/Adelaide/Relish-the-good-Thymes.html

    Best,
    Greg

    www.urbanspoon.com

    --
    greg(at)urbanspoon(dot)com

    ReplyDelete