Sunday, June 23, 2013

Amalfi Pizzeria Ristorante - Rundle St.

Amalfi Pizzeria Ristorante on Urbanspoon

Atmosphere: ***/5
Food: *****/5
Drinks: *****/5
Service: *****/5

Scrumptious large Italian food, this is not a place I would come to when I feel like a light meal.  The food at Amalfi  is just like an Italian grandmothers hug; this food will warm you up in winter, and in summer it is a wonderful naughty treat. 



A favorite dish is the spaghetti marinara; although it is one of the heaviest seafood dishes I have eaten it is a favorite, with a wonderful mix of heavy tomato base with light seafood flavors of crab, mussels and fish.  

I have tried quite a few dishes from the menu but I always go back to the pasta, especially the seafood, as they do it so simply with wonderful flavors that you wish that you could reflect at home.   



Make sure you book in advance as it always packed, and note that it is quite loud inside.  If noise is a problem it is sometimes a struggle to hear those around you and the outside tables are quite small.  To me however, I think it is all apart of the atmosphere, as noted below the wines and beers on choice are so extensive and you will find yourself joining in with the rowdiness around you.  

The waiters are fantastic even when the whole restaurant is full which is nearly every night.  Would also leave the wine choice to them too, there are some fantastic boutique Italian wines that are a must to taste.



When you leave here you I always find that I am wanting more of the good life,  A cognac is often in order!  

This is an excellent place to start your night, I find if I want to impress people in Adelaide or if you are going to a play, opening, opera, musical or just want somewhere to get the taste buds rolling this is the place to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment