Thursday, October 3, 2013

Bar 9 - Rundle Mall

The baby of the Glen Osmond Road Favourite. Bar 9 in the David Jones building, brings a fresh, hipster addition to the stagnant, stuffy, underground food court.


Visually this place has so much to absorb, the contrast between the fluorescent lights blasting over the surrounding fast food venues and the coffee shop vibe at Bar 9 could not be any different.  It will be interesting to see how this affects the bar, as it is such a contrast from the surrounding venues and sitting outside of Bar 9's internal allocated area, you almost feel awkward and detached from what the eatery has to offer.  







The cute children's books as menus always amuses! The coffee here is strong and well made, I would say the best in Rundle Mall.  With a long day of sales ahead of me it sat perfectly!

 The food was a bit of a let down.  My beetroot salad was gritty, a suggestion from the table next to us was that they had not washed the salad properly.  I do not know if the texture had put me off the salad as a whole but the flavours did not sit well with me!



My dining partner had the mushroom burger which was small and simple which lent itself to be a little bit of let down as well.  It seems the best meal and the one that has been spoken about here is the pulled pork, which I could not order.  

There wasn't much service to speak of and I don't think that there should be!  Its an 'order at the counter' sort of place.  Water, cutlery and odds and sods you pick up yourself.

I suggest a walk by to see if you can get a good table, if so, try the coffee.


                                                                                

No comments:

Post a Comment